Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits of JUMPstart
A key differentiator is our focus on developing long-term success for each of our participating startups. We understand that the road to commercialisation of a Medtech idea is complex and our programme is tailored to the specific needs of each founding team / startup. We take an individualised approach to gap identification.
Each team is also paired with internal programme manager who champions their idea and acts as their lead advocate to:
- Enable the startup and founders towards commercially driven decision making.
- Help drive technology and market validation
- Establish a clear path to market by identifying regulatory, reimbursement and go-to-market strategy early.
We require start-ups choose to incubate and sign an incubation agreement with either of NUS/NTU/SUTD. Standard terms of incubation agreement apply including equity requirements. We do not take any additional equity.
- Exclusive access to our community and extended network of investors, industry and innovation partners.
- Total support in excess of SGD 200K per team for ECD and QMI components which includes Intensive Mentorship, Business and Product Development, Industry Collaboration and Capital Raising support
- Pathway to subsequent funding of $750,000 from Enterprise Singapore and other host institutions.
JUMPstart is open to all innovators in the MedTech and Healthtech domain. You can be an alumni, current student, research scholar, or post-doctoral fellow from NUS, NTU or SUTD.
We require that our teams:
- Have at least two founders who are passionate and motivated to create a company
- Founders have had some personal entrepreneurship training from programmes such as Lean LaunchPad, NUS GRIP, Singapore BioDesign etc.
- Be in the process of developing a regulated medical device, whether it be software or hardware.
We are looking for innovators. You do not need to have a registered company to be involved in the programme. Our programme accelerates ideas in regulated medtech (hardware and software) domains.
Our programme takes an intensive approach to commercialisation. We are looking for:
- Teams with commitment towards commercialisation for a 6-month ECD programme.
- Commit at least 2 days a week towards programme before incorporation of the company.
- Teams with any NUS/NTU/SUTD affiliation
- Teams should have / be in the process of filing an Invention Disclosure with their host university.
Application Process & Criteria
Once you have completed the application form, we will schedule a time with you to have brief discussion with us so we can understand your team and idea in detail. If selected, we will then invite you to Directors Panel where your team and idea will be evaluated for intake into the programme.
FOUNDING PROGRAMME LEADS
Have Further Questions?
Ready to accelerate your ideas?
Sign up to receive information on how the JUMPstart programme can advance your Medtech innovation journey and the next steps for application.