Rewatch the Community Showcase:
Huddle’s Community Showcase session brought together the best of the Singaporean and global health / medical technology enthusiasts. In 2020, the leading minds, players, decision makers and actors from the health technology industry shared ideas, insights and friendship in one virtual space!
from Singapore to the World
Easy Breath Tests for Disease Detection
Rapid and Non-Invasive breath tests that enable easy disease detection.
- An NUS spin-off, Breathonix focuses on the development and commercialisation of easy breath tests for disease detection using its proprietary breath sampling technique and data analysis algorithms.
- The product comprises a high-precision breath sampling device, software with patented biomarkers and proprietary machine learning algorithms.
- Breathonix has identified two initial applications for the product:
- Non-Invasive Test for Early-Stage Lung Cancer Screening
- Rapid Breath Test for COVID-19 Mass Screening
Advancing Breast Cancer Screening with AI
FathomX is an edge computing based Medical Imaging AI Assistant that aims to enhance breast cancer screening with AI by reducing the inefficiencies and inaccuracies in the current care-pathway.
- A spin-off from the National University of Singapore and National University Health System, FathomX aims to improve breast cancer screening by significantly reducing false positive rates by 80% and interval cancer false negative results by 25%.
- Their core algorithm enables cancer-risk estimation through medical imaging and analysis of medical history records, producing a heat-map abnormal lesions for faster diagnosis and an AI Generated Radiology Report that follows existing guidelines.
- Their Imaging AI aims to enhance the existing clinical workflow for radiologists diagnosing breast cancer (i) by allowing for faster readings and (ii) eliminating the double-blind reading requirement per screen for each diagnosis.
Hello to Smarter Care
HiCura aims to enhance patient care by improving the accuracy and success rate of the first-attempt needle insertion during epidural anesthesia with their AI based imaging assistant – uSINE.
- HiCura Medical Pte Ltd is an NUS spin-off that was incorporated in Singapore in May 2019. HiCura uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare to enable automatic image guidance for medical procedures.
- Their product, uSINE, increases the success rate of the first needle puncture attempt during neuraxial procedures such as epidural, spinal anaesthesia and lumbar punctures. This leads to higher patient safety and satisfaction, and better clinical outcomes.
- uSINE’s machine learning algorithm improves image visualization and enables automatic identification of spinal landmarks. uSINE alerts the anaesthetist in real-time during ultrasound scanning of the spine when the right needle entry point and angle are found. uSINE has the potential to transform the current way anaesthetists are performing epidurals.
AI Platform for Medical Images for South-East Asia
Iota Medtech uses Artificial Intelligence to assist radiologist to prioritise medical scans that require immediate attention. Our platform reduces the amount of time needed to read each scan by highlighting the area of interest.
- Iota AI helps to identify the “needle-in-the-haystack patient” in the queue and prioritises it by flagging it out to the radiologist in our software.
- The AI solution can identify abnormal brain scans by flagging out images that require immediate surgical attention to radiologists, speeding up the delivery of acute treatment to patients suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury. This improves the traditional workflow of analysing CT images through the First In First Out (FIFO) method.
- Iota AI model is trained using localised brain scans optimised for the South East Asia market.
Accurate, Non-invasive, and Real-time Monitoring Core-Body Temperature.
iTEMOSinc aims to enable the best Way to Accurately, Continuously and Non-Invasively Monitor Core Body Temperature using an in-ear device.
- iTEMOSinc has created an in-ear device that can measure core body temperature real-time. The company has found two initial application for their technology
- Continuous monitoring of core-body temperature for high risk profession e.g. firefighters.
- Consumer-centric temperature monitoring for fever detection as a symptom of COVID-19.
- The technology employs an algorithm to compute core temperature using both aural-canal temperature measurement and in-ear auricle temperature measurement. Initial results indicate a strong correlation in output temperatures compared to the ‘gold-standard’- telemetric pill.
- Their initial product is ready for in-human trials which are due to be conducted in early 2021. The company has approached the Singapore Civil Defence Force to conduct in-human trials.
The NeuroPlay Ambidexter: A gamified digital therapeutic system
A digital therapeutic platform in a gamified form for delivering and objectively monitoring essential therapy to children with neurodevelopmental delays such as Autism Spectrum, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Cerebral Palsy at therapy center and home settings.
- NeuroPlay Systems is developing fun and engaging digital therapeutic systems for children with neurodevelopmental disorders
- Ambidexter, their first product is a digital therapeutic platform that has a gamified environment for delivering and objectively monitoring essential therapy to children. The solution will deliver fine motor skill development related therapy via a smart game controller that provides key exercises such as forearm pronation / supination, wrist flexion and extension, and finger muscle development exercises. The smart game controller robot is adaptive in nature that changes from assistive to resistive function based on the child’s own strength and his ability to complete the task in a given period of time.
Quick, affordable and convenient diagnostic tests.
QuikPath is creating quick and easy, point-of-care diagnostic tests for COVID-19 and other infectious diseases that can be performed by anyone anywhere.
- Their technology is based on LAMP RT-PCR and is easily adaptable for a variety of diseases. Their current application for this Point-of-Care technology is for Rapid Screening of COVID-19. The test can be performed by anyone and with results in under 40 minutes per test.
- Their patent pending technology includes an easy-to-use cartridge that allows for RNA amplification in a single step. The cartridge contains a proprietary reagent mix to detect viral RNA.
- QuikPath has designed two products, each comprising a patent pending cartridge and an analyzer to serve as heatbath:
- QuikPath Rapid aimed for easy detection of COVID-19 on site removes the need for any kind of laboratory equipment and skilled professionals.
- QuikPath RAPID Self is the first of its kind home-test for COVID-19, based on PCR-technology, making it the more reliable than the limited home tests currently available in the market.
Securing Your Vision With Advanced Ophthalmic Solutions
Recornea’s GROSSO® implant is the world’s first metal corneal implant to restore the physiological curvature of the cornea with predictable clinical outcomes.
- RECORNEA aims to reinstate adequate physiological visual conditions and to get tailored treatment with an optimal visual recovery in a large number of patients suffering from pathologies with detrimental and invalidating corneal shape deformations.
- Their first product GROSSO® a corneal implant, to be implanted in a single and simple surgical procedure to treat a progressive eye disease called keratoconus. This product is the world’s first metal corneal implant to restore the physiological curvature of the cornea with predictable clinical outcomes.
- Their product is minimally invasive, allows for uniform corneal reshaping and stops the progression of keratoconus.
Arcadia Garcia de Castro
Eye Surgeon & Co-inventor
Improving the Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
UpperMed brings modern technology and service to all Peritoneal Dialysis patients to automate the setup of the heavy dialysate, data logging, and infection control in one package.
- UpperMed is dedicated to improving the quality of life for dialysis patients. Their product is a portable solution for those on PD with easy accessibility to dialysis procedure – PD Care™, which includes a portable device and companion mobile application for data management.
- Their data management platform intends to enable medical staff to achieve real-time access to patients’ dialysis status and adjust the prescription accordingly.
Empowering Patients and Clinicians
Zealth-AI is building an operating system for Indian healthcare to deliver continuous, personalised, and predictive care to 1.38 billion people.
- Zealth-AI is building India’s 1st digital health intervention platform powered by artificial intelligence that provides remote monitoring through vitals and patient reported outcomes (PRO)
- Zealth-AI is the only fully automated and holistic end to end solution which caters to both patient remote monitoring through vitals and captures crucial symptoms that can not be captured otherwise via patient reported outcomes.
- Their unique algorithms are tailormade to analyse the PRO data coming from diverse populations of India, particularly from tier 3-4 cities in regional languages.