How It Works
JUMPstart (Joint University MedTech Programme) drives innovative biomedical research to impactful new ventures creation through an integrated product and business development approach.
The programme provides aspiring MedTech innovators with unprecedented access to resources at the three leading universities in Singapore i.e NUS, NTU and SUTD. Our programme provides valuable opportunities to learn from experienced mentors, exposure to a global network of industry partners, and strategies to becoming investor ready.
Our integrated approach targets Business Model Validation and Product Development in stage-gated manner to create a clear path to market. JUMPstart offers a holistic approach to groom MedTech entrepreneurs in both business and product development to successfully bring their innovations out of the lab and into the market.
Our programme is delivered in two phases:
Entrepreneur and Commercial Development
Ideal for pre-start-up and start-up teams. The primary objective in this six month acceleration is to develop a validated business model, investor pitch and validated and tested prototype. In addition, teams would undergo a transaction preparedness module to prepare application for subsequent funding.
Quality, Manufacturability & Industrial Design
The Quality, Manufacturability and Industrial Design (QMI) module provides start-ups with necessary knowledge, skills and expertise to develop a medical device in compliance with regulatory requirements. Geared towards a rigorous design thinking and risk management methodology, start-ups are empowered to make informed decisions and productive use of limited resources to maximise capital-efficient growth.
What You Can Expect
As part of JUMPstart programme, entrepreneurs have unlimited access to curated workshops, JUMPstart seminars and conferences, networking events, pitching sessions and showcases with investors. Entrepreneurs can tap onto a growing JUMPstart community of alumni, consultants, mentors, partners, and investors, which is an excellent platform to facilitate exchange of ideas, experiences, and opportunities.
* Terms & Conditions apply. ** Includes Intensive Mentorship, Business and Product Development, Industry Collaboration and Capital Raising support.
Clear market entry pathway
Value-based and outcome-driven product strategy
Intergrated clinical, regulatory, reimbursement and commercial strategy
Product development for regulatory compliance
Bio-entrepreneur development through cohesive MedTech-specific training
What’s the Programme Timeline?
JUMPstart supports the commercialisation of early stage innovation in the field of medical technology. As we work with start-ups to bring ideas to market, we provide stage-gated support depending on the maturity of the start-up or innovation.
JUMPstart is open to all innovators in the MedTech and Healthtech domain. You can be an alumni or current student or research scholar, or post-doctoral fellow from any one of our affiliated universities i.e NUS, NTU or SUTD.
We require that our teams:
- Have at least two founders who are passionate and motivated to create a company
- Founders have had some personal entrepreneurship training from programmes such as Lean LaunchPad, NUS GRIP, Singapore BioDesign etc.
- Be in the process of developing a regulated medical device, whether it be software or hardware.
- Exclusive access to our community and extended network of investors, industry and innovation partners.
- Total support in excess of SGD 200K per team for ECD and QMI components which includes Intensive Mentorship, Business and Product Development, Industry Collaboration and Capital Raising support
- Pathway to subsequent funding of $750 000 from Enterprise Singapore and other host institutions.
More Questions? Read our full FAQ
FOUNDING PROGRAMME LEADS
Ready to accelerate your ideas?
Sign up to receive information on how the JUMPstart programme can advance your Medtech innovation journey and the next steps for application.